Gastroenterology deals with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases of the oesophagus, stomach, duodenum, intestine, liver, gallbladder, and pancreas.
Also, in the section of gastroenterology, there is a division of hepatology dealing with diseases of the liver and biliary tract.
Gastroenterological diseases also adversely affect the condition of the skin, nails and hair.
The main symptoms of diseases of the digestive system organs are as follows:
- Stomach ache
- Difficulty in swallowing food.
- Nausea, vomiting
- Bad breath
- Tongue plague
- Bitterness / dry mouth
- Lack of appetite
- Problems with defecation
- Sharp decrease / increase in body weight
- Blood admixtures in the excrement
- Food intolerance tests
- Helicobacter pylori tests
- Gastro panel
- Fibrotest / Fibroactitest
- Endoscopic diagnostics (gastroscopy, duodenoscopy, jejunoscopy, proctosigmoidoscopy, colonoscopy)
- Histological diagnosis
Procedures are performed using advanced methods of diagnosis and treatment gastrointestinal tract diseases.